Did your business suddenly take off this year? If so, not only will you be looking for a bigger office but will need to start looking at new office equipment to take on the demand. One of those will be your office copier. So now the big question is: “Should you lease your copier machine or should you buy it?” This might come as a surprise to some but you are better off leasing your new copier machine.
While purchasing the machine outright might seem like a better move, leasing your office copier allows a company to enjoy the latest technological advances at a reduced price. This is great news for most growing companies, especially if you’re running on a limited budget or have an ever-changing work environment. And while you might think that this is the only benefit, here we will take a closer look at some of the additional leasing benefits to make an informed decision on your next purchase.
Get A Newer/Better Copier For Free Without Spending A Penny More
The Four Major Benefits Of Leasing Your Office Copier
When it comes to acquiring the technology that’s needed to run your daily operations, business owners have a few options to choose from. Deciding to lease your copier has several significant advantages that may prove attractive to a business owner depending on its circumstances. Interestingly enough, business large and small lease their office copier so they can take advantage of the provided benefits such as:
Lower Overall Costs
Business owners know that getting their first office copier represents a major investment. Not only does price change from model to model but these devices tend to range in the thousands of dollars along with the responsibility to make sure nothing major happens to it while running it through its lifecycle. From the acquisition cost to supplies and maintenance, owning your copier can put significant burdens on a company.
In contrast, leasing an office copier alleviates many of these costs and financial headaches. Depending on your copier dealer, it’s possible to find leasing options that:
- No Acquisition Cost Involved: Most, if not all, copier dealers won’t require a major down payment that might exist even if you are financing your equipment. This benefit alone makes leasing that much more attractive to business owners that are looking to grow.
- Maintenance Included: Since the office copier is being financed through the copier dealer or third party, most credible copier dealers will offer a maintenance service agreement for the duration of your lease. This means that you don’t have to worry about maintaining the machine, purchasing parts, or purchasing toner. This is just something else to consider when looking at leasing options.
- Possible Managed Print Services Included: Managed print services simply takes care of some if not all of how printing is done. This means possibly having an allowance for your prints and copies. You will need to contact your copier dealer to find out more about whether or not they offer this service.
- Seamless Upgrading: When you purchase your machine outright and have run it to the grown, you’re going to find it rather difficult to sell that copier machine. This is because no one wants old technology. In contrast, a leased device may be returned or exchanged for a different one after you’ve had it for a few years.
Improved Budgeting Capabilities
Not many people know this but the print environment happens to be one of the most challenging elements to track, from a business standpoint. Yet, it has been associated with the highest costs. In fact, The Recycler Magazine estimated that most companies spend between 1 to 3 percent of their annual revenue on printing and are not aware of it.
When you lease your office copier or other critical office equipment, you prevent a lot of this from happening because you can control your budget a lot more. Leasing your office copier means that you can:
- Enjoy fixed monthly rates: Regardless of what type of agreement you set up with your copier dealer, you can guarantee that at the end of the month you will get a single bill from them. Now if you chose simplified billing, both your lease and maintenance agreement will be rolled up into one monthly bill.
- A more efficient device for your needs: The great thing about going through a reputable copier dealer is that they have a better insight into what type of copier machines will most adequately address your office’s needs.
Additional Tax Incentives
Did you know that in the United States, the IRS (Internal Revenue Services) allows businesses to deduct certain qualified expenses from yearly income taxes? Unfortunately, not many business owners know this because they have been lead to believe that only purchases qualify for those deductions. That isn’t always true.
There have been instances where the IRS encourages companies to deduct payments made on leased equipment through tax codes like Section 179. However, before you settle on leasing your copier to take advantage of this tax code, make sure to talk to your Certified Financial Planner to see if leasing provides the same tax incentives as purchasing does.
Access To The Latest And Greatest Technology
Interestingly enough, business owners have a “buy it for life” mentality when they have to deal with office equipment like a copier. This is because of the hefty price that is associated with these types of machines. Again, this approach can backfire in the long run if the company suddenly outgrows their printer and need something a lot more robust. That, in turn, caused productivity problems along with a few other inconveniences.
You also have to remember that leasing doesn’t just give you access to the right technology; you also gain a few other perks:
- Acquire more powerful technology at a better price: When you lease your device, business owners can gain access to a more powerful office copier. When going for the purchase outright approach, you are limiting yourself to whatever you can afford right there and then.
- Access to even more accessories: When you lease your office copier through a reputable copier dealer, you also get the added advantage of customizing your office copy machine to meet specific needs such as faxing, dual scan, and more.
Easy upgrade: Companies choose to lease their copier machine because their print environment tends to change more rapidly. That means when your lease is up for renewal, you get a chance to get something better.
Lease With The Best Copier Dealer In California
Smart business owners understand that it’s better for their business to lease their office copier for the long run. When done correctly by your reputable copier dealer, you not only get a copier machine that will meet your office needs but will also have peace of mind knowing that they will take care of you when your machine goes down. Contact one of our copier representatives today to find out how we can take care of your office copier needs. With over 30 plus years of service and over 400 Google reviews, you can rest assured that we will take care of you from the beginning of your lease till the very end.
Compare Your Current Copier Vendor To Us
If you feel like your copier vendor or your copier machine isn’t matching up to your expectations, then consider contacting one of our copier specialist. We’ve helped multiple business owners get out of their current copier lease early because they were getting the top level service they deserve. These smart business owners took advantage of our Copier Free Upgrade Program because we were able to give them something better without spending a penny more. If you need help or would like to get out of your current copier contract and get into a better one, then contact us today. We look forward to helping you. Lastly, for our Orange County and Los Angeles County communities, if you are a new business that’s looking for a copier that is a little more economical, we also have a Copier Starter Package Promotion for business owners who qualify. To learn more on each of these programs and promotions, click on the following links below or give one of our specialists a call today.